Aerospace Electropolishing Services
Aerospace has some of the most stringent requirements of any industry with respect to the structural integrity of metal parts. Electropolishing has become a tried-and-true solution for improving the corrosion resistance of stainless steel while also improving its structural integrity. Turn to Electro-Max, a leading provider of metal finishing services, for best-in-class electropolishing services to aerospace manufacturers across the industry.
Aerospace Metal Finishing & Deburring Services
Failure of critical aircraft components can be catastrophic in the wrong circumstances. In response, the aerospace industry has created a range of manufacturing standards, and various government agencies have imposed regulations on manufacturers. Failure to do so can result in severe penalties, and in the event of part failure, the results could be deadly.
What are the Benefits of Electropolishing Services in the Aerospace Industry?
For decades, electropolishing has been the answer to the challenges of the aerospace industry. This process, in which an electrical current is run through metal parts immersed in a chemical solution, offers a range of benefits to aerospace manufacturers needing to offer an extra level of strength to their metal components.
- Electropolishing helps to strengthen metal components by closing up microscopic fissures and imperfections in the surface of the metal.
- Electropolishing improves the corrosion resistance of a range of different materials, including stainless steel.
- Electropolishing doesn’t involve the use of a coating, meaning that electropolished components won’t peel or abrade over time.
- Metal parts do not experience any distortion during the electropolishing process, making it an ideal option for the most delicate metal parts.
- The electropolishing process removes a predetermined amount of surface material of the finished part at a controlled, uniform rate. Because of this, electropolishing is also an excellent way of removing burrs or other flecks of metal left behind during the manufacturing process.
We provide electropolishing services on the following alloys:
- 304 Sintered
- 318 (2205 Duplex)
- 330 (cast)
- 5-f (Like 416)
Passivation Services for Aerospace
We also provide passivation services to aerospace manufacturers. Stainless steel components generally come into contact with contaminants like oil or grease that can harm the protective chromium oxide layer that naturally forms. Passivation is a metal finishing process that helps that layer form faster and thicker for improved corrosion resistance.
Depending on the application in question, passivation might be a better fit for your metal components. Passivation uses no electricity during the treatment process. And in contrast with electropolishing, passivation leaves the appearance of the material unchanged.
Electro-Max, one of the leading electropolishing companies serving the aerospace industry, holds a range of industry certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015 Registered
- ISO 13485:2003 Certified Compliant
- ISO 14001:2015 Registered
- AS9100 Compliant
- 10CFR21 Compliant
- ITAR Compliant
In addition, we also hold NADCAP Certification Aerospace Quality System (AC7004) certification, making us one of the few companies in the industry certified to provide electropolishing services to the aerospace industry.
Learn more about how our metal finishing services can help you achieve the next level of quality. Contact us today.